Windows Display Properties
Most folks know how to make simple changes to the way Windows looks and feels. But sometimes we forget and if you are new to Windows, a little help for you is here.
These screenshots may help you to customize your own desktop. Keep in mind, I made these screenshots of stuff on my computer, so yours may look a little different.
After you right click (click on the right button on your mouse) on your desktop and select properties, you will get dialog boxes something like the screenshots below.
Desktop and Displays
- Screenshot Make the Internet Your Desktop
- Screenshot Choose Your Fonts
- Screenshot Play with the Effects
- Screenshot Override the Defaults
- Screenshot Advanced Appearance
- Screenshot Change Screen Resolution
- Screenshot Change the Size of Everything
The Vista personalization process is similar to Windows XP although the method may seem different. Just experiment with the various options found by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting 'Personalize'.
Screenshot Personalize appearance and sounds