Help for Email
It would be nice if our programs would always work the way they are supposed to work. Unfortunately that is not the case.
Here are some helpful links to resolve some of the most common problems in Outlook (Not the same as Outlook Express, OE has another page on this site for help)
- MSOutlook Info.. Lots of good tips and help for Outlook on this site!
- Linda Johnson has some great information about Outlook.
- Microsoft Office help group on Freelists
- Parker Renaud's ABC Articles, also found on Linda's ABC archives. while some of the information may be a bit dated, it still is good.
- Does your Outlook hang after you send an attachment? Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q315008 has the fix.
- Forgot your email password? This site, Nirsoft Utilities and Source Code, has password revealer utilities and others as well.
- You want to start using another email program but you want to keep all of your email addresses and messages. Slipstick can show you how to do that!
- Slipstick, considered the best of all Outlook resources by some users, also has a lot of other Outlook help tips and resources.
- How-to-Outlook Lots of tips and help for Microsoft Outlook.
- A great help list for Eudora can be found at Clio ListMom Cartel™. Just click on Eudora-Win or Eudora-Mac. (Not sure why, but this site seems to be unavailable a lot of times.) Eudora is getting to be quite old and is no longer updated.
- Mozilla's Thunderbird CSCF's Unofficial User's Guide
- Send an attachment using Yahoo's web-based email.
Some AOL help links:
- Microsoft has instructions explaining how to use Outlook Express with AOL. (Will also work for Windows Mail)
- How to Backup or Copy Mail in Your AOL "Saved on My PC" Filing Cabinet
Please note, I have never used AOL, so I cannot guarantee the AOL tools will work.
Some resources for Outlook help:
- Fantastic Outlook help Resource
- About the Outlook PST-File
- Move your Outlook Messages to Windows Live Mail This is good and it works!
Finally, if you are using an email client like Incredimail, Eudora or another email program and you are having problems, check the FAQs on the website for the program. Most of the email client programs do have extensive help on their websites, including links to forums. You can also check to see if there is a Yahoo Group for your program.
Email is a wonderful tool, but when it doesn't work the way we want, it can be very frustrating!